uggh (not like the boots)

I’m too tired to make sense. Too tired to be creative and talk in a voice that isn’t mine. I’m back in the belly of the Corporate Beast (Let’s kill all the lawyers*) and my brain is already cooked to a tinder.

A few things I’ve been reminded of this week.

One. Some people have more money than sense. Learjets. Med Yachts paid for through client smoozing. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollar company cars. They keep their cots packed away in file cabinets. Their toiletry bags under their desks. Their families on hold. Sometimes they fly between the two. They’re happy with their decision. When they’re not…they jump out the window.

Two. Oxford Street sticks to your face. In a bad way.

Three. Transit workers don’t love me like they use to. I’ve not been able to get a free ride all week.

Four. The Prada boutique will cure what ails you. If it doesn’t, the Hidden Gem will.

Five. Nothings ever urgent until you put your coat on.

Six. International Commercial Arbitration bites.

Seven. I hate reprographics and public transport.

Eight. Chianti is gooooood.

Nine. Handling $490 million just makes you feel poor.

Ten. I’d rather be a writer than anything ‘sits in the office’ related…oh God please make it so.

Poor. Not quality. I know. Forgive me. I’m tired.

Next week I’m between Manchester and London. Bureaucracy. Red tape. The US Embassy. My brain will fry. Then I’ll think of Hezekiah Bishop from Puckett Ridge Road and how he’s gotta be good for a story or two.

Yep. Come back in a few. And I’ll tell you about ole Hez.

🙂

*Henry VI

• Stephen Earley Jordan, II
    Feb 22, 2006 at 0:16

Did you get “Crum” yet?
    Look forward to hearing from you, again. Hope all is well.

• Champ - Innocent Monster
    Feb 22, 2006 at 0:33

Such a great Post. I like the way you look towards people, You don’t sound Rude, nor too Sensetive. You just look at things with Reality Checks.

So, now Henry VI is here, I ‘ve studied few of Britain History ‘n’ it’s interestin’. hope you ‘re doin’ good. *Smiles*

God bless you….

• misstraceynolan
    Feb 22, 2006 at 16:31

I like hearing your own voice. It’s refreshing. And this:

Nothings ever urgent until you put your coat on.

Well, truer words never spoken!

• Dan Flynn
    Feb 22, 2006 at 22:36

Heads up Buff, love your writing, even when you’re not feeling your best. Hey, Manchester! I love it here, the rain, the gloom, the rain, and bars, and restaurants and North Wales, and Cheshire, the Lake District, Derbyshire, Fylde Coast, Blackpool, I could go on and on and on and on and on… Oh yeah, and $49million? A mere trifling in these parts.

Feb 22, 2006 at 22:54

At your best. Real. Raw. You. When we are weak, He is strong through us. Just wish we could enjoy that Chianti together!

Feb 23, 2006 at 19:16

Stephen -Sent you an email….

Champ – Thanks for the fine words! You’re on my ‘list’.

Tracey – The coat thing…happened again today. I’m learning two words. Bite me.

Dan – Have you EVEN SEEN the sun this week? Cause I haven’t. It’s like Gotham city looking at the Town Hall against that no-sun day.

Hatti – You’re great. Will write you this weekend. 🙂

• machinist
    Feb 23, 2006 at 23:00

you’re right. It is cold. It is damp. I want to go home.

• machinist
    Feb 23, 2006 at 23:02

by the way, you didn’t get that 49 million from ********* did you? :O

• Cibbuano
    Feb 23, 2006 at 23:03

I guess the worst part about rich people is that the money that they consider ‘throwaway-able’, could mean a world of difference to someone else. They might buy a watch for $10 000, and wear it once, or lose $30 000 in the casino. To us regular folk, it almost hurts to see that much money thrown away.

• Katrina
    Feb 24, 2006 at 1:29

I think you’ve got #10 covered, chica. I am enjoying your writing immensely.

• Sarah
    Feb 24, 2006 at 16:25

Your life sounds so interesting. Do you read http://www.opinionistas.com? She was a lawyer turned writer. When you do write your book….let me know! I’m sure to go and buy a copy!

• Merteuil
    Feb 24, 2006 at 20:00

It’s real! Not poor at all! In fact, I liked it immensely because of it’s real-ness. And yes, I think “mild interest” defines it perfectly. Nothing will ever be SATC again. 😉

• joey
    Feb 25, 2006 at 8:21

i agree with number ten. i loathe office work. but i have to pay my dues. why is it that the more money people have, the more miserable and effed up they are?

Feb 28, 2006 at 20:51

Wait, this post is not about UGGS? Damn! 😉

Try walking down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills sometime. Many people have more money that sense. That stuff is expensive!