cheesin for the cheesecake

I have five stock smiles I choose from when cheesing for a photo. The Euro says I should throw the stock away. Go natural. But the truth is, my eyes are a bit boggly and it takes very little for me to look certifiably insane.

Case in point – my genuine, unfeigned delight as I prepare to tuck into a piece of cheesecake the size of my head. (You may remember, I have a superbly large head.)

I look like someone straight off the ferry from Shutter Island.

• steph
    May 30, 2010 at 16:59

you are BEAUTIFUL!

• steph
    May 30, 2010 at 16:59

………..and so is the cake 😉

• howie
    May 31, 2010 at 20:29

nice nails. trying to get my wife to go for that same color. their oreo cheesecake has always done it for me, but its hard to go wrong with chocolate.

• Flynn
    Jun 2, 2010 at 1:48

Smile be damned, that rack of yours is a GIFT.

• MJH
    Jun 2, 2010 at 4:38

I’m not seeing a rack?!

Jun 2, 2010 at 14:21

Tell her she has to, Howie. I worried they bordered on silly – Shrek nails, and all. But every time I look at my them they make me happy. Honestly.

• howie
    Jun 3, 2010 at 17:13

24 weeks pregnant-she has given up on mani’s and pedi’s. she doesn’t feel comfortable going to the salon to get her nails done. maybe i can get her to forget about dragging me to see sex and the city this weekend. hmmmm……well maybe not.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:05

Howie, the gorgeous woman is carrying your child. The least you can do is be dragged to see Carrie and the girls. That, and be her personal mani-pedi man for the next three months. Get thee to a Boots/CVS and purchase the nail polish now. She will thank thee.

• caren (howie's wife)
    Jun 5, 2010 at 0:21

Thank you, Buffy! It wouldn’t be so torturous for him to sit through Sex and the City, especially since he was laughing all through the last one. (Whether he admits it or not, I don’t know!) He also said you wrote a beautiful piece about Einstein, so I will have to read that. I will be happy to get my nails painted for him after I give birth.

• howie
    Jun 6, 2010 at 23:27

auh, thank you buffy. first one was better, but samantha had some decent lines. i am allergic to nail polish in its liquid state. exposing myself to it could get nasty.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:50

Caren, they never admit it. But we know. 🙂

Howie, you never told me your wife was a writer! And a brilliant one, too!

Alas, I’ve yet to see SATC2. I think I’ll make it my Saturday alone-time. Because, as everyone knows, if you eat a ton of chocolate covered theatre candy in the dark and by yourself…it’s as if you’ve never really eaten it.